One of the trickier things to navigate are seeing all of the characters in the parks. No matter what time of day or night you are bound to run into one character or another, but if you have small children (and even if you don’t) and your experience hinges on seeing a particular character, best to make a plan so you make sure that happens.
Kenny the Pirate is the best place for all things characters. His excellent website will direct you to the best place to meet your favorite character and how to spend the least amount of time doing it including a princess touring plan of EPCOT.
There will be characters to greet you at the flagpoles in the morning and you will be tempted to stop – don’t! There will be other opportunities.
- Talking Mickey in Main Street – Only place to meet with talking – see the big guy here
- TinkerBell in Main Street – Only place to meet. One of our favorite meets as the queue is magical and makes it appear you are shrinking. Tink is a lot of fun too.
- Alice by the Tea Cups in the morning. Get there early and you may ride with her.
- Mary Poppins in Liberty Square – Behind the Christmas shop. She was absolutely delightful.
- Classic Characters in Circus area
- Merida in her Grove – Only place to meet. She is absolutely fantastic and one of our favorites.
- Gaston by his tavern – Another absolute favorite. He’s a hoot.
- Princess Elena of Avalor and Cinderella in the castle
- Tiana and Rapunzel in the castle
- Ariel in her grotto – Only place to meet with her fins
- Aladdin and Jasmin in Adventureland – Arrive in the morning and you may ride the carpets with them
- Winnie the Pooh and friends by his ride
- Stop by Tony’s Italian restaurant in the Main Street area and Lady & Tramp will sign your autograph book
- See the classics to the right immediately upon entry
- Joy and Sadness in Innovations
- Baymax in Innovations
- Daisy and other classic assorted characters in pavilion going to world showcase
- Anna & Elsa in Norway – Fun queue and the only place to meet
- Mulan in China – Only place to meet
- Mary Poppins in England
- Alice in England
- Donald in Mexico
- Belle in France
- Aurora in France
- Snow White in Germany
- Pocahontas on Discovery Island
- Flik on Discovery Island
- Rafiki in his Planet Watch
- Doc McStuffins in Planet Watch
- Baloo and King Louie (Asia)
- Donald in Dinoland
- Goofy and Pluto in Dinoland
- Timon on Discovery Island
- Russell on Discovery Island
- Mickey and Minnie on Discovery Island
- BB8 – Star Wars Launch Bay – Only place to meet) (mechanical – beeps at you)
- Chewbacca – Star Wars Launch Bay – My daughter absolutely loved him. He talks.
- Jawas – Not a “meet” but will interact and trade with you if you bring them something shiny in Star Wars Launch Bay
- Kylo Ren – Star Wars Launch Bay
- Stormtroopers wander around this area – they will not pose for pics.
- Jake – Disney Jr.
- Doc McStuffins – Disney Jr.
- Classic characters (Goofy, Pluto) – Disney Jr.
- Buzz and Woody in Pixar Place – Only place to meet
- Green army men wander around Pixar Place. They will pose for pics.
- Chip and Dale – Commissionary Lane – Recommended meeting place if desired
- Minnie and Mickey – Commissionary Lane – Sorcerer Mickey
- Daisy Duck – park entrance
- Donald Duck – park entrance
- Olaf – Echo Lake. Only place to meet