Recently, I had a friend who was looking for inexpensive Vegetarian options in Walt Disney World Resort. Through some sleuthing I came up with the following list. They used it successfully on their visit. Disney menus are changing all the time. For the most up to date information on Vegetarian options visit the Disney Food Blog vegetarian guide.
Snacks and food options in each Disney park
- Be wary of soups; some contain chicken broth, even if they are labeled “Vegetable” or “Cream”. Ask about ingredients to confirm.
- While several Chinese dining locations offer meals that sound vegetarian, they are often cooked or served in chicken broth.
- Garden burgers are available at nearly all burger locations, even if it’s not listed on the menu.
The classics available everywhere: Popcorn, Mickey pretzel, Mickey ice cream bar (dove bar)
- Dole Whip at Aloha Isle
- Citrus Swirl at Sunshine Tree Terrace
- Garden Burger at Peco’s Bills in Frontierland, or order a Southwest salad, but without the chicken or beef
- Columbia Harbour House, which offers several good vegetarian options, including chili, sandwiches and salads. The Lighthouse Sandwich includes hummus, tomato and broccoli slaw served on toasted multi-grain bread.
- Baked potato from Liberty Tree
- Pinocchio Village Haus offers Capese pizza and salads. We like the tomato soup but check if it’s veggie first.
- Cinnamon Bun at Gaston’s Tavern – my husband’s favorite!
- Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel at the Lunching Pad
- The Tangierine Café in Morocco has some excellent veggie options, including salads, hummus and sides. – This is possibly our favorite quick service restaurant in all the parks.
- Pastries and indulgent treats at the Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie. You can also enjoy fresh-made crepes at the crepe stand by the lagoon in France.
- School bread at Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion (dessert)
- Kaki-Gori is shaved ice, hand-shaped into an enormous snowball and topped with fruit syrup in Japan.
- Guacamole and Chips or Chips and Salsa in Mexico
- Sunshine Seasons, located in The Land pavilion has many vegetarian options, including salads, stir-frys, veggie wraps and desserts. – A favorite of ours.
- The Electric Umbrella offers a vegetable wrap that is tasty and filling; they also have a chicken salad that can be made without the chicken.
- Mr. Kamal’s Vegetarian Kart in Asia has several options
- Vegetable Pizza at Pizzafari (often long lines and meh pizza)
- Black Bean Burger at Restaurantasaurus
- The Backlot Express offers both a Grilled Vegetable sandwich and a Southwest Chicken Salad that can be ordered without the chicken. The Grilled Vegetable sandwich is served on basil asiago artisan bread and topped with cheese and sun-dried tomato pesto, it is chocked full of watercress, fresh mushrooms, red peppers, zucchini and tomato. They also have free refills at this location (a rarity).
- Catalina Eddie’s offers on Sunset Boulevard offers pizza and a Caesar Salad that can be ordered without the meat.
- Vegetable Sushi at Starring Roles Cafe.
This list was created from my first hand feedback, as well as consultation with others. No matter what diet restrictions you have, you will find that Walt Disney World can accommodate your needs, just speak to the chef.